For Healthcare Innovators. "MDiLab"
(Boston, MA) February 25, 2013. "UMass Boston a new resource for health care firms—School, MD Idea Lab team up to foster new products for health care" -- by Jay Fitzgerald, Globe Correspondent
MD Idea Lab part of winning team at MIT Hacking Medicine in Hospital IT track.
Come Innovate With Us!
MD Idea Lab is a community of healthtech innovators. We've created an ecosystem of programmers/developers, investors, product managers, business developers, and "techie" doctors—who turn ideas for improved healthcare into reality.
Our innovation lab is run by Physicians, trained in clinical and medical informatics, who guide and build prototypes, making sure they are HIPAA compliant, beta tested, and ready to impress investors.
Our mentors are affiliated with Harvard Medical School, major hospitals, including Children's Hospital Boston, Massachusetts General Hospital, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston Medical Center, and Tufts Medical Center as well as the Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory at MIT.
Let us build your prototype. Contact Us Today!
We are located in the Venture Development Center (VDC) on the Boston campus of the University of Massachusetts, 100 Morrisey Blvd. Easy access by MBTA. Take the Red Line to the JFK/UMass stop, get on the free shuttle to the Campus Center. From there make your way to the Venture Development Center on the 3rd floor of Wheatley Hall. Directions and Parking.
Funding at the VDC
Technology and life science startups launching at the Venture Development Center (VDC) have an 80% success rate, raising $35,714,000, the best results in Boston.
Our Services @ a Glance
Tweets by @MDiLab
- Merck Global Health Innovation
- California Health Care Foundation Health Innovation Fund
- West Health Investment Fund and West Health Incubator
- Robert Woods Johnson Foundation Pioneer Program
- BCBS Ventures
- Heritage Group
- Health Hatch
- NIH Grants & Funding
- Understanding Clinical Information Needs and Health Care Decision Making Processes in the Context of Health Information Technology
- Career Development and Dissertation Research Grants: To support the career development of clinical and research doctorates focusing their research on one of three health IT research areas
- Small Research Grant to Improve Healthcare Quality through Health IT
- Exploratory and Developmental Grant to Improve Health Care Quality through Health IT
- Johnson & Johnson Seed Grant Funding
- NSF’s Innovation Corps Program (I-Corps)
- VDC: UMass Boston Venture Development Center
- Idea: Northeastern University Venture Accelerator
- HI: Harvard Innovation Lab
- Boston Innovation District
- Boston Innovation Center